February 23, 2009

slumdog is gold!

Last night was the 81st Annual Academy Awards. Even though I was interested in the winners, I did not watch the Oscars because I was not in the mood to watch cheap filler sequences and awkward jokes. But I like being up to date on all current events, so I watched a few clips and read the reviews of the Oscars this morning.

Oh man! What a mess. Even though the writers strike is technically over, Hollywood is still suffering... Hugh Jackman, the host, even cracked up during a few planned sequences like the "Mr. Roboto" sing along. I love Styx, but that was simply terrible. According to recaps, there were only a few shinning moments other than the awards themselves. If the top headlines are focusing on the Jennifer and Angelina drama, I can only assume.

Instead of watching the Oscars, I watched The Godfather with a few friends. I didn't organize it because of the Oscars (I honestly forgot), I planned the movie night because several of my friends had never seem the movie!! Once realizing the scheduling conflict, I decided that watching a movie classic was more valuable then watching the Oscars. However, I am sad I missed the presentation of Best Picture. I absolutely love Slumdog Millionaire. It deserved to win. If you haven't seen it, shame on you. I would write a quick review, but it's too difficult. One reviewer stated, "It is brilliant in a million different ways." I would definitely agree.

While looking at Oscar recaps today online, I drifted towards Oscar themed photo galleries on the Vanity Fair website. Below are two of my favorite photos from the site. One features Marion Cotillard who won best actress last year for the brilliant film La Vie en Rose. In the photo, she is re-enacting the shower scene from Psycho. It is cool to see the scene redone in stills. I can't even describe the second one with Dustin Hoffman... it is perfectly hilarious. Vanity Fair has the best portraits.



Want to waste some time on the internet, check these out >

Funny Gizmodo links:
Atlantis Found on Google Earth, Official Explanation Is Dubious
Otters Making Home Videos Of Passing Photojournalists In Monterey Bay
Combi iPod Bouncer is Going to Get Up and Walk Off With Your Baby
(Gizmodo is comedic genius with a few helpings of tech)

South Korean woman fails driver's test 775 times
(Racial stereotype confirmed? Yes, I said it.)

No comments: