February 14, 2009

I woke up in that city with insomnia

But unlike Frank, I am not king of the hill. Oh, New York, New York.

In LAX, on the way the way to NY, I bought two of Godiva's new Chocoiste products. Both are now gone - eaten. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, right? The Godiva pearls (specifically the milk chocolate with café latte) are delicious! However, these pearls were completely consumed not specifically out of hunger or taste, but poor snack design.


They are pearl sized chocolate drops in a box designed to last so you can snack on these pearls for several days. Aye, here's the rub - two pearls, or even ten, are not enough! They are tiny chocolate specs! Who eats random drops of chocolate just to snack?!! Chocolate is not designed for people who have restraint or can manage serving sizes... those people stick to salads and don't buy Godiva pearls. Stupid over priced chocolate! Gone in one night - now I have an empty metal container. Worthless!

My hotel room is also worthless. I have free HBO, but no remote. I am not going to spend all my time watching TV, but what if I wanted to? Sorry, no remote! So, my relaxing hotel stay would be inconvenienced by the fact I would have to get up to change the channel.

Ok, I am not a complainer or that lazy. I am actually very happy this morning. I am watching Once (a great movie - well, actually an incredible feature length music video with an even better soundtrack) while I wait for my sister. We have wonderful plans to waste money and catch up.


This however, is not the only reason I am happy this morning. I woke up to a message from Stefan Bucher. The designer I wrote about on my blog yesterday. It was definitely a surprise. He thanked me for the post. I am flattered and frankly a little embarrassed. I never expected him to read it. I guess I was naïve to assume only my friends and family would be reading my blog. Well, not naïve, I just thought the ramblings of my personal life would be left unnoticed by the active blogosphere. Now I wonder, who is reading this? Perhaps someone from Godiva... make those pearls bigger!!!

No comments: