February 18, 2009

LOL

LOL = laugh out loud for those of you who live under a rock.

Below are a few funny things that have kept me entertained recently.

Laugh a little. If it isn't funny, tell me, and I may need to reevaluate what I think is funny. I am easily entertained and often laugh at inappropriate times. Even if my laughter is sometimes misplaced, I believe life should be enjoyable and laughter can only do good. There are actual studies proving that laughter can improve ones health.

One of my favorite books is the Name of the Rose. Basically it's Sherlock Holmes meets Jesus... in the book, one of the monks tried to hide a manuscript that had evidence that Jesus laughed. The monk wanted laughter to be forbidden because it destroyed the disciplining power of fear. So don't be bogged down by fear - LAUGH!!

To quote the brilliant Oscar Wilde,
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."
and
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Carpe Diem.

(sorry my laughter comment was not meant to be that "deep," anyways, enjoy!)

Nuclear subs collide in Atlantic > BBC news
Apparently their anti-sonar devices to hide from other subs was "too effective." Of course the French and British would collide.
The Score:
HMS Vanguard - 0
Le Triomphant - 0
(I think they should consider renaming the subs)

Jon Stewart always cracks me up, but his recent bits on Obama are genius! Who can make fun of the perfect president of change? Nobody, unless you are making fun of how perfect he is...

Presenting "the Hope-and-Change-O-Meter"
I took a screen shot of the meter during the "Big 'Bama's House" episode. The meter placed Obama between Gandalf and Wizard FDR - What a president! Full of hope and change!!


Speaking of hope and change - check out Japanese Obama below. Yes We Can do magic!! I bet all the magicians out there are thinking - "Change was my line!" This video was posted on Inauguration Day. The Huffington Post made the brilliant conclusion that "perhaps this is a racial metaphor for the magic of America electing a black president?" Yes, I think so.



All those tabloids about that mom who gave birth to octuplets are driving me crazy. Especially the rumor that the mother, Nadya Suleman, got plastic surgery done to look like Angelina Jolie! So ridiculous - can't there be multiple mothers that collect children? Come on! Time magazine puts it well in their pop chart - "Rumor: OCTOMOM had plastic surgery to look more like Angelina Jolie. Truth: that is Angelina Jolie"

This weekend the Jonas Brothers were on SNL. That is brilliance alone. I believe it was one of those I am laughing at you not with you moments. Especially the sketch with Alec Baldwin. Baldwin was pretending to be the long lost 4th Jonas Brother, Gary. When Alec returned the purity ring... priceless. Watch the videos on Hulu, especially this digital short "Property of the Queen." If the Jonas Brothers made music like that, I might actually listen to them. The song Africa is sure to be a hit with the lyrics - "I've been to Africa. Africa, I broke a sweat."

I laughed for a good 5 minutes when my sister showed this to me (it is one photo in a series) -


Looks like a woman chasing birds in the street. Well, that is exactly what it is. She got out of her car to chase the birds because they were causing a TRAFFIC JAM in the little town where my sister goes to school. How cute. I have the 110 freeway.

Below is a text from my friend Andrew detailing the conversation he had with a practically deaf co-worker. (He is a "court" translator. I think he is the only person who learned English as a first language.)

Old deaf Jimmy: Who is that young lady?
Andrew: Who? Where?
Jimmy: On your coffee cup?
Andrew: Oh... That's Garth.
Jimmy: Oh you mean the Jennies Garth?
Andrew: No, from Waynes World.

Last night I saw Lance Bass (of 'N Sync) speak!!! That fact alone made the event entertaining, but Lance was actually funny! The stories he told were incredible. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. He began talking about 'N Sync and how they began their career in Europe and actually didn't know their boy band potential. They dabbled with all genres, apparently even techno. Then Lance told about his experience becoming a cosmonaut in Russia. He trained in Star City, Russia, which is the Russian equivalent of Area 51. Some of his stories were pretty scary. Hearing them, I am surprised he survived. We ended the night by recording a video with Lance that will be sent to the International Space Station. I am going to be broadcasted in space with an 'N Sync member!!!!!

I hope you laughed at least once. If you didn't, I am not sure how we get along.

No comments: