March 5, 2009

midnight tonight =



I am so excited!

I have not decided whether to watch the movie as a fan of the graphic novel or watch it as if it is a separate entity. There is no doubt that the film will be visually spectacular, and seeing it on IMAX will surely blow me away. But the real question is if the movie can capture the complexity and power of the novel. I also heard that there were some changes to the plot... No matter what, I am excited and it should be a fantastic experience.

2 comments:

Imperfect Perfectionist said...

How was it?

Katherine Prendergast said...

It was good, but not amazing. Despite my few criticisms, I think everyone should see it.

It was visually spectacular.

It had one of the most interesting movie soundtracks I have heard in a while - all wonderful songs, just oddly paired with the scenes at times.

The acting was good minus Malin Akerman...

The plot changes were just ok but that is expected when adapting a novel to film.

Go see it!