March 21, 2009

back to school

I returned to USC last night after a spending a week in NY with the Roski Study Tour class. It was an incredible trip!!! I wish I could have recapped the trip more on the class blog, but I did not have any time. I slept very little because I worked hard and played hard.

Some highlights:

+Being in NY
+Visiting a bunch of design firms, several that I would love to work at
+Bumping into a few USC friends outside of the class - both randomly and planned
+Learning how to enamel at the Museum of Art and Design
+Going out on St. Patrick's Day
+Meeting Martha Stewart
+Shopping
+Staying at the Roommate Grace Hotel - I love the design and location
+Eating incredible food
+Seeing the musical, In the Heights
+Visiting some museums and galleries


During this trip I had a lot of fun but I also learned a lot. It was one of the most incredible experiences I have had while going to USC. I now want to move to NY!! And perhaps work at some of the firms we visited, like Siegel + Gale.


Some pictures from the week:


My hair and Martha Stewart. We visited Martha Stewart Living and bumped into her by accident.


The great entrance display of Bendels. We went on an exclusive early morning tour!


Me and a Rothko painting. I took this for my teacher.


My hotel. We spent several late nights in the pool.


Me enameling at the Museum of Art and Design.


The class at Grant's tomb.


Being productive at Toys "R" Us before our meeting at Nickelodeon.


Drinking huge frozen hot chocolates at Serendipity.


Me at Martha's. I wore pink for her. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised. It was not as corny as I expected the tour to be.

I miss NY already.


No comments: