March 13, 2009

1, 2, 3, BREAK!

Spring break has officially started, woooooooooooooooooooo... oooohhhh... yeah.

Actually, not really - no trips to Florida or the neighboring narco state for me. For my break I will be going to NYC with the USC Roski Design Study Tour class. Yes, it is a little sad that my break will not consist of hours wasted on food, TV, and sleep, but I will be visiting 12 design firms. For the class, we also have plans to visit several museums, see a musical, eat dinner with some USC alumni and designers, and enjoy New York! So actually, wooooo-ing applies.

Since I will be gone all break, I do not have time to finish up some school work for my other classes. This morning I was on campus at 8 am in order to have breakfast with my parents and finish a painting before I leave. The painting is not too exciting, a simple still life of random objects, but despite the particularly boring content of the painting I am proud of it considering it is my first color still life in oil. All my high school paintings were abstract and acrylic. I also took a snapshot of my palette mid-clean-up because I love the texture and colors paint creates when blended together plus I already had my iPhone out to photograph the painting.

Check out the "masterpiece" and the paint smear below.




Other good news besides my NY trip:

"ScarJo & Mickey Rourke Help Raise Iron Curtain"


I am so excited for Scarlett Johansson and Mickey Rourke to join the already incredbile Iron Man cast! But what a terrible headline!

I do not spend time reading Perez Hilton or other celebrity gossip sources, so this is the first time I have heard the nickname for Scarlett Johansson - ScarJo. I get the abreviation thing, but ScarJo is the worst nickname for Johansson who is refined, talented, and gorgeous. I could easily create some witty hick jokes with the name ScarJo. Terrible.

Also, did E! really use the phrase Iron Curtain? I am pretty sure the difficult negotiations that occur when establishing acting contracts for movies is not comparable to the Iron Curtain that divided Europe from 1945 to the end of the Cold War. What curtain was even raised? I am so confused.

No comments: