March 4, 2009

(not so) fun facts

The top 10 in demand jobs in 2010 did not exist in 2004.

1 of every 8 couples married in the US last year met online.

If MySpace were a country, it would be the 5th-largest in the world (between Indonesia and Brazil).

India has more honors kids than America has kids.

Scary, right? I am preparing for jobs that don't exist yet. Social networks will rule the future. I will probably marry someone I meet online. And my job security is threatened by China and India. Ohhh globalization.

My conclusion - don't go to school, buy a super computer, and don't bother talking to people because you can always meet them online. :)

Ok, not really. But read Thomas Friedman's book, The World Is Flat. It is an essential update on globalization.

It is funny considering all this as I write on my blog...

No comments: