May 20, 2009

ciao times due

I love traveling, but I hate planes. I have long legs and knee problems, so cramming into seats made comfortable for those averaging 5 feet or those skilled in contorting is not an enjoyable experience for me, no matter the destination or the mediocre quality of the in flight movie. However, right now, I wish my legs were cramping and I wish I was being fed rehydrated astronaut food. Instead I am in the airport waiting for the end of my 20 hour flight delay. What a great start of a soon to be wonderful trip. However, if I was in the mood to be a glass half full kind of person, my response would be - I am so glad they took 20 hours to fix the plane instead of sending us into the air in an unstable steel can.

So here begins my study abroad program in Rome, two goodbyes later.


Despite the road bump, I am thrilled to be returning to Rome 9 years after I awkwardly threw a coin into the Trevi Fountain. (Leah knows how awkward). I am enrolled in a 5 week Italian program in Rome, but I am staying in Europe for an extra week in order to visit some friends in other countries.

Until next time, hopefully I will be in Rome by then.

--

Things of interest>

The American Stonehenge! I never wanted to visit the bible belt, but I will for this mysterious New World Order stone thing. I may be a rational university student, but I am fascinated by the paranormal and the mysterious. I did a physics project in high school on the Bermuda Triangle, I own the complete X-Files box set, I have taken a class about espionage and intelligence... so, when I picked up this Wired issue about the unexplainable I was thrilled. Road trip anyone? PS this current issue of Wired is guest edited by J. J. Abrams. Another shout out to Star Trek? Yes!!

What's better than Storm Trooper breakfast cereal? Anything. (Actually this is amazing, I just don't want to eat it).

2 comments:

Robin said...

Katherine, you are already so tired this is the first time my math is better than yours. Your delay was TWENTY hours. Love you!! Your mother

Katherine Prendergast said...

No, I saw the typo but my laptop died before I could change it...

I just creepily charged my laptop in a mac store.

So, fixed now! Yessss 20 hours!