May 24, 2009

carpe diem

Before coming to Rome, I planned to write daily blog posts recapping my trip for friends and family because it is interesting but also because I left my iPhone at home to avoid ridiculous fees. But during the last two days, I have done so much that what little free time I have is used for sleeping and homework. Yes, it is unfortunate I have homework but that is the reason I went on this trip - to learn Italian.

Here is what I did during my first weekend in Roma!

Went to the Coliseum. 
Had a wonderful lunch overlooking the Coliseum and the forum.
Visited some events for the UEFA Champions League. 
Went to the Forum. 
Went to the center of Rome. 
Went to the Pantheon. 
Ate a sunset dinner with four courses at the Pantheon while listening to live opera.
Went to the Vatican.
Listened to music and the Pope at the Vatican.
Walked through the Borghese gardens.
Had coffee near the lake in the gardens.
Visited the Borghese gallery.
Saw my favorite statue of all time, Bernini's Daphne and Apollo.

Weekend complete!








No comments: